Central Queensland
Sub Region

When LawRight can’t help
If this is the first time you are seeking legal advice, and you are not in one of our Court & Tribunal Service jurisdictions or Community & Health Justice Partnership locations, you should first contact your nearest community legal centre for advice. You are welcome to later apply to LawRight but an appointment with a community legal centre lawyer is generally the quickest way to get advice and decide what to do next.

LawRight generally cannot assist with:

matters outside of Queensland or Commonwealth law – consult Community Legal Centres Australia.
people who can afford a lawyer – visit Queensland Law Society website to find a private law firm.
Mental Health Review Tribunal matters – LawRight previously provided assistance and advocacy at Treatment Authority hearings before the MHRT, but this service is closed for the foreseeable future. Contact QAI for assistance. LawRight still operates a limited service for people who are formally referred by Legal Aid.
Magistrates Court matters – contact your nearest community legal centre.
family law – contact your nearest community legal centre.
criminal law – contact Legal Aid Queensland.
Native Title – contact a Native Title repesentative body.
personal injury claims – find a ‘no win, no fee’ lawyer.
building and construction disputes – contact a private lawyer.
complex commercial disputes (except through the Courts & Tribunal Services, if we have capacity to do so).
businesses, except where the individuals behind the business are unable to afford a lawyer.

(07) 3846 6317