Domestic and Family Violence Law
If you are going through domestic and family violence, we can:
• Give you information on how to take out a domestic violence order.
• If you are going to a local court on a domestic and family violence matter, TASC can give you legal advice or help with your matter on your court date.
• Assist you if you are responding to a domestic violence order that someone has taken out against you or if you want to make a change to a current order.
TASC solicitors have a lot of experience helping clients with family law issues, and we also work in partnership with the Family Relationship Centres in Toowoomba and Ipswich.
We can assist you with advice, referrals, and information on:
• Court orders on children and property matters
• Child contact arrangements
We can help you fill out documents, understand the court process and sometimes provide support in court.
Civil and Consumer Law
Civil Law covers a wide range of areas:
• Consumer complaints: guarantees, warranties, and returns
• Credit and debt matters
• Motor vehicle accidents
• Neighbourhood disputes and dividing fences
• Peace and Good Behaviour
We can also give you information, negotiate with third parties (like companies you are in debt to), help you write letters and emails, or fill out forms. Some examples of how we can help clients are:
• We can inform you of what your legal rights are in a neighbourhood dispute.
• We can give legal advice on what to do if you have a problem with a faulty repair job or a product warranty.
• Where possible, we can assist and provide representation with matters going to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT).
Criminal Law (minor)
TASC may be able to help with some minor criminal matters if you are facing charges in the Toowoomba Magistrates Court, Ipswich Magistrates Court, Roma Magistrates Court, and some regional courts.
Contact TASC to make sure you are advised properly, and get the legal support you need from a qualified solicitor near you.